Dr. Prof. G. S. LAVEKAR
Dr. Prof. G. S. LAVEKAR,
Chief Scientific Officer
MD, PhD. Ayurved
(Former Director General – CCRAS-AYUSH)
Lavekar is an experienced Ayurved Academician, Research Scientist and Therapist. He has an integrated post graduate and Ph.D. in Ayurved from 1985 Pune University.
EXPERIENCE:- ADMINISTRATIVE, ACADEMIC, RESEARCH AND CLINICAL
- Director General CCRAS-AYUSH, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Government of India From 9th January 2003 to February 2010
- Senior Consultant Technical, at National Medicinal Plants Board Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Health Govt. of India From 16th August 2010 to 31st March 2011.
- Dean-24/02/2002 to 08/01/2003 Government Ayurveda College and Hospital Nanded
- Professor>06/03/1997 to 23/02/2002 R.A. Podar-Govt. Ayurvedic College and Hospital Worli, Mumbai
- Best Research Guide award received from Australian Academy for Ayurveda & Yoga; Australia – 2006.
- Maharashtra Academy of Sciences Fellowship award, Pune – 2006.
- Bhaskara award received in recognition of outstanding contribution in the field of Ayurveda from Bharat Nirman, New Delhi – 2004.
- Recipient of Homi Jahangir Bhabha Scientist Award, 1998.Awarded by Hindi Academy, Govt. of Maharashtra
- Fellowship of National Ayurveda Academy – Rashtriya Ayurved Vidyapeeth New Delhi.
- DhanvantariPuraskar 2017 “Life Time Achievement Award” for Exemplary Contribution in the field of Ayurvedic Surgery and Research by D.Y. Patil University, School of Ayurveda, Navi Mumbai 18th March 2017.
- “Life time achievement award” Maharashtra University of Health-(State Government) Nasik, Maharashtra. June 2018.
- Editor in Chief: (During Jan.2003 to Feb.2010)
- Journal of Research in Ayurveda & Siddha – (JRAS)
- Journal of Indian Instiute of History of Medicine (Previously it was Bulletin) – (JIIHM)
- Journal of Drug Research in Ayurveda and Siddha – JDRAS (Previously it was Bulletin – BMEBR)
- Edited more than 46 ancient books on Ayurveda and Siddha
- Published 16 Issues (Vol. XXIII to XXIX) of Journal of Research in Ayurveda &Siddha
- Published 11 issues, (Vol. XXI to XXVII) of Journal of Drug Research in Ayurveda and Siddha.
EDITED & MODIFIED THE BOOKS / MONOGRAPHS (INCLUDING EDITIONS AND RPRINTS)
- Pharmacognosy of Indigenous Drugs, Volume – I
- Pharmacognosy of Indigenous Drugs, Volume – II
- Pharmacognosy of Indigenous Drugs, Volume – III
- Data Base on Medicinal Plants used in Ayurveda, Volume – II
- Data Base on Medicinal Plants used in Ayurveda, Volume – III
- Data Base on Medicinal Plants used in Ayurveda & Siddha, Volume – V
- Common Healing Herbs (E)
- Ayurvedic Home Remedies (E)
- AyurvediyaGhareluUpchaar (H)
- Common Healing Herbs (H )
- AyurvediyaAushadhiyanEvamSamanyaGhareluUpchar (H)
- Hand Book of Common Ayurvedic Domestic Medicine (E) (Translated in four Indian Languages)
AUTHORED THE FOLLOWING BOOKS
- Doctor-patient relationship in Ancient Indian Medicine, Ayurveda 1995, Chaukhamba Sanskrit Sansthan, Varanasi
- ShalyaVidnyan (Ayurveda Surgery) ShalyaRugnarogPariksha, (Hindi Language), Chaukhamba Sanskrit Sansthan Publication Varanasi-1995
- SusrutSamhita (Translation of Sutra &SharirSthana) Sagar Publication Pune-1986
- Brain Ageing In Ayurveda – 2009, CCRAS-AYUSH Publication, Co – Author.
Some Interesting Cases :
Ksharsutra Therapy-Ayurveda Minimal Invasive Para-Surgical Therapy
Meeting Health Minister India Sec. Jt. Sec & Dr Lavekar
Minister Health Smt. Sushmaji Sec., Dr. Lavekar and others 2003-2005.
Health Minister India -A. Ramdoss India & Dr L-2005-2009